Population distribution refers to how the population of a particular country is split into categories , such as the age of the population, gender, occupation and geographic distribution.
This is the break down of the population of a nation into age groups. Economically, the distribution of age is vital as it shows the usefulness of the population as well as the quantity of workers needed in various sectors that make up the world economy. The country’s population is divided into the following three age groups. These are; 0-17 years to 18-60 years, and 60 years or more.
From the above classification, the population within the age group 0-17 is comprised of infants, children who are in the nursery, secondary, primary and tertiary institutions. This age group is called dependent because they are not economically productive, as they can’t work in the labour market. They’ll be dependent on the other groups for their needs. If the population of this age group is very high, it has lots of economic implications such as increasing the pressure upon the middle class low savings, and the provision of education and other goods and services.
The age group of 18 to 60 is popularly known as the active population or the working population or the labor force. It is the economic group of people who are engaged in productive jobs or activities. because they are the working population and depend on their own resources, they are collectively called independent people. If the amount of people that belong to this group is substantial then there will be a greater availability of work and a better standard of living. Visit:- https://populer.co.id/
The group of 60 years and over is considered to be the oldest age. Like the youngsters (0-17 years) They do not participate in activities that produce income, therefore they are considered to be dependent. In summary, the age distribution of a particular population could be classified into the following categories:
From 0-17 years, children are children (dependent population)
The age range is 18-60. (working population or the labor force)
60 years and older 60 years or more (dependent populations).
The importance of age distribution of Population
1. Tax determination: With the knowledge of age distribution of people, the expected tax amount can be estimated according to the amount of people in the working class of the labour force.
2. Knowledge of dependent: The number of the dependents (0-17 years and 60 years and above) can be easily identified by studying the distribution of age within a population.
3. Labor force size: With a good age distribution, the number of people employed can be easily determined.
4. The government’s budget is determined by The structure of an age group populace will aid the government in draw up its budget. If for instance the number of youngsters (0-17 year olds) is high, it means that the government has to vote a huge amount of money to pay for products and services to the age group, which is different from other age groups.
5. Production pattern: the demographic distribution helps the manufacturer to determine the pattern of production that will meet the requirements of the particular age group.
6. It defines the character of market: Understanding the age structure of a population will help to identify the nature of the market, for instance, a population with high number of children can create more market for children goods and services.
7. It determines the rates of birth and deaths The structure of a population will decide the rate of births and deaths such as when the elderly population is higher than other groups, this means the death rate is expected to be more high.
8. It defines the standard of living: The age structure of a given group will provide the income per capita as well as quality of life. As high dependency populations reduce income per capital and standard of living, an active populations or the labor force increases the amount of income per capita and the standard of living.
THE SOUL TALKERS
Are you an avid reader? Do you enjoy reading books with exceptional creativity, poetry and absolute brilliance? This is a wonderful recommendation for you! Click on the link below to read: